What should I know about a card before buying a =$ROOT_KEYWORD?> card? (0f13c)
In order to make sure you are getting a fair deal, you should always ask the
- What is the per-minute rate for calls within the U.S.?
- What is the per-minute rate for calls to my international destination?
- Are the rates the same 24 hours a day?
- Is there a higher rate for the first minute than subsequent minutes?
- Will I be charged for calls that are not completed?
- Are there any connection fees or surcharges?
- Are there any monthly/weekly maintenance fees?
- Is there a connection fee for international calls? If so, how much?
- Can I place more than one call without redialing the PIN?
- Will I be notified when one minute is remaining?
- Can I reach a customer service operator 24 hours a day?
- When does the card expire?
Who should use a prepaid phone card? (95e9c)
International callers, business people, travelers, students, payphone users and anybody seeking to dramatically reduce their home or business long distance phone bill.
Why should I use a prepaid phone card? (7e02c)
- PhoneCards.com can save you up to 80% on your long distance calling.
- Use a calling card at hotels to avoid expensice per minute rates and surcharges.
A phone call from a hotel without a prepaid calling card can cost $1.00 or more per minute.
- Students often do not have any access to long distance service in dorms. When they do, it is
often expensive. A prepaid calling card typically cost less than dialing long distance from a
- Travelers can use PhoneCards.coms to call to and from the U.S. to
virtually any country in the world and from the World back to the U.S.
- Cellular phone users will save when using prepaid PhoneCards.coms for international calling.
- Phonecards provide convenience if you must use a phone but are caught without change or other
- Parents find phonecards a great way to make sure their children can call home, from anywhere, anytime they need.
- Businesses find that distributing phonecards to their traveling employees is a convenient and inexpensive way to handle their
Can I use a phone card anywhere? (b423d)
PhoneCards.com offers calling cards that will allow you to call to virtually any country worldwide from the U.S. We also offer cards that will allow you to call from over 130 countries worldwide back to the U.S. at rates typically much less than if dialed direct. You can also use calling cards with virtually all cellular networks and payphones, but you should check first before placing a call. Find a card perfect for your needs by using the rate finder atop this page or any page within the website.
How do I place an order online? (71620)
Order a prepaid phone card in just 3 easy steps:
- Use the rate finder atop this page or any page within the website.
- Purchase the calling card that best fits your needs online.
- Receive PINs instantly and make your call.
Most orders are fulfilled instantly (Instant PIN Delivery), however, our security software randomly selects some orders to be manually verified. Your order will show as "pending" during this period. This process further enables us to thwart fraudulent orders from being placed.
Where can I find instructions for my phone card? (90540)
You can find calling instructions for your card here
. Click on the appropriate card image to go to the corresponding product page for the information you need. You can also refer to the receipt email sent to you at the time of your purchase.
I only made one purchase, but my debit/credit card statement shows multiple charges to my account. (JRCEV)
We will only ever capture funds in the amount of your order. The additional transactions represent holds placed on your account by your credit/debit card company
for aborted transaction attempts, but we will not capture the funds. We are not able to remove these holds or even effectively request their removal, but they will automatically expire, generally within 3 to 5 business days. Please contact your credit/debit card company to discuss.
Since we know this can be a frustrating circumstance for those unable to access their funds or available credit, we're happy to explain what's going on. Each time a credit card payment is attempted one of three things can happen.
- First, the payment can be declined outright, because the purchase would exceed your daily purchase limit for example. In that case, nothing should show on your account and the purchase will not go through.
- Second, the payment might be approved without reservation. In that case the purchase will proceed and the funds will be transferred from your credit/debit account to us.
- It is the third circumstance which can create problems. Sometimes the credit/debit card company will approve a transaction and place a hold on your account but also indicate that there are serious problems with the transaction. A very common case is a mismatched address. The addresses customers supply sometimes do not match the ones on file with their credit/debit card companies, perhaps because they recently moved or made a typing error. Sometimes, we can safely overlook address mismatches and proceed as though nothing were wrong, but much of the time we decide not to capture the funds since a mismatched address is a strong indication of fraud. (People who use stolen credit cards often do not know the address of the card holder.) Even when we choose not to capture the funds, the hold will remain on your account until it expires, in 3 to 30 days as stated previously. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to hasten expiration. Contact your credit/debit card company to determine how long the hold will remain in place.
You can do a few things to avoid unwanted holds on your account.
- Always ensure that your debit/credit card company knows your current mailing address.
- When making online purchases, enter the address on file with your credit/debit card company exactly as it appears on your monthly statements.
- The Credit Card Security Code (https://www.speedypin.com/cvv_where.htm) must also be entered exactly as it appears on your card. Since it can sometimes rub off, it's a good idea to write it down somewhere when you receive a new card.
If you are certain you entered your address correctly, but your payment is still being rejected, stop trying with that credit/debit card. Additional attempts might result in more unwanted holds. Instead, try a different card if you have one or call our helpful customer support staff who can often process payments that our website rejects.